Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars

Tonight's the Oscars. Yes, I'll probably put the t.v. on for a little while to see all the pretty gowns but I don't plan on watching the actual show. I haven't seen many movies this year, although I loved Slumdog Millionaire and hope that it wins.

In surfing the web I found out that my very favorite comedic actor was getting an Oscar, finally after more than 50 years in the business.

Jerry Lewis!

Tonight after some 50 movies as a star and 13 as a writer-director, Lewis, 82, is getting an Oscar, and, wouldn't you know, it's the wrong one. The Motion Picture Academy is giving him the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award — an honor recognizing charity work, and given more frequently to producers than to actors. Lewis's commitment as a spokesman for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, notably in the 19-hour MDA telethon he fronts each Labor Day, has certainly earned him a hearty Hollywood thank-you. But it's a minor token, almost an insult, to one of the wildest, most imaginative comic talents in any medium and, without question, the definitive showbiz ego of the mid-20th century. Time Magazine

One of my all time favorite movie scenes is this one from Cinderfella.


Couldn't resist, one more (especially last section)


Now that's real talent!

1 comments:

Sherry February 24, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

I had no idea that he never has received an Oscar. Seriously? People are lame. I mean come on. He's legendary. Oh, well. We know. =]

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP