Friday, February 27, 2009

Do you wonder what I do for a job?

I am a transcriptionist. Something like this.....


Well actually, not that fun or musical LOL. But it is a great job in that has given me the ability to be able to be home with my girls for the last 12 years. Everything is deadline driven which can be stressful but as I always say "a bad commute for me is stubbing my toe on the way to my computer."

I transcribe meetings, interviews, reality t.v. shows, conferences, depositions, hearings and trials. On topics such as heart disease, murder, sports, plastic surgery, prostitution, the circus, dinosaurs, affairs and lots more. I've transcribed many reality shows you've watched and I've transcribed interviews with many famous people. My favorite being my boyfriend.....George W. Bush.

It can be a very, very interesting job when the topics are interesting. And can be very tedious when the jobs are boring (ever listened to hours of PhDs talking about neurons and neuroscience......yeah poke my ears with a stick please).

But overall it has been a blessing to me and my family.

Now back to work!

1 comments:

Cali March 3, 2009 at 2:18 AM  

Sue,

Would you be willing to email me and tell me more about where you work? I used to do medical transcription and I would be interested in exploring your area of transcription.

My email address is jess_emsmom@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Cali (cali3674 on SS)

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP