Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ouch....

In January our pastor challenged us to read a Proverb a day. I enjoyed reading them (most of them anyway). There is so much wisdom (duh) and meat in the Proverbs. I have continued reading one a day during my devotions.

Well as I said I enjoyed most of them, but quite a number hit very close to home. Especially the following....

Proverbs 21:9 - Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.

Then this one...Proverbs 21:19 - Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.

And my personal ouch...Proverbs 27:15 - A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day.



Yikes. In light of my last two blog posts I thought I should remind myself of these verses and ask the Lord to continue working ON me and IN me.

3 comments:

A House FULL of Grace February 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

I love your vulnerability! These always hit me hard no matter what state I'm in. It is so easy to become contensious and "right." A hard thing for me to lay down, but I simply must. The roof picture is an especially vivid reminder!

Sherry February 18, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

That's the problem with reading the Proverbs...so convicting. LOL Then you get to Proverbs 31 and there's all kinds of pressure. Best to avoid it all together! Just kidding...of course! =] I am totally with you on those. I know how you feel...or maybe my husband knows how your husband feels. =D

The Summer Kitchen Girls February 18, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Gentle reminders eh? Even though I read Proverbs several months ago...how soon we forget!
Thanks for the reminders...and for stopping by to enter the contest today too!!
Have a blessed week!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP