Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho at our house....

I thought I would share a little of our home at Christmas with you as well as some of my favorite oranments.

Here is our tree. We put it right in the middle of the bank of windows and I really like it here, you can see it from the family room, dining room and kitchen. These kids got a mess of presents this year!



Next is my nativity scene. I really didn't put out a lot of Christmas decorations this year because I still don't have most of my regular stuff on the walls. I figured I didn't want to make holes to put up Christmas stuff so I was very minimal this year. But no matter what the nativity goes up! I love all of my pieces. I put it on top of the entertainment center in the family room with some fresh pine branches.



Next are my favorite ornaments:

First is my moose ornament. I try to get an ornament from every place that we visit. Jeff and I love Maine. I especially love it in the fall heading into winter. I really, really adore Maine and so this ornament, made of bark, is special to me.



Next we have ornaments that 1.) My girls each made and 2.) Have a picture of them in it. Can't beat that! My sweet little babies, they were 3 and 4 in these pictures.




The next one was homemade as well, I believe by Beauty #1. I love the paint and the glitter and that it has the nativity in the middle. So simple but it really does make me joyful.



Next is a sample of all the ornaments that Jeff's cousin, Deneen, has made for us over the years. She would make one for Jeff and I and then when the girls came she made one for them for every year as well. It was always a wonderful tradition to see what ornaments we would get from Deneen. This is just one of the many.




And the last one is another tradition. Every year (although I didn't get to it this year) I get an oranment with the four of us on it. Some are hung on the tree, this one happens to be a stand-alone and it is my absolute favorite. I just think he is so cute. Hey wait a minute, I just realized, he's a moose, maybe that's why I like him so much?!



Merry Christmas everybody. I hope you have a great day with family, love, laughs and wonderful memories made. May 2009 be a year of great growth for you in all ways!

Much love,

Sue

1 comments:

Lois Christensen December 24, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

Everything looks lovely. You have a lot of nice things that have special memories. Those are the best. I hope you have a wonderful time with your family and you feel as blessed as you are! Merry Christmas!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP