Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Useless Information Tidbit #4

So I'm not sure it's really number 4 but I'm going to say it is and keep counting each time I provide some very important useless information for this blog. I want to have truth in advertising and I said I would provide useless information and therefore I daggum will provide it. Yeah, where'd that word come from.

Anyway my blog buddy at pinklucy http://www.pinklucy.blogspot.com/ linked to the 100 most mispronounced words and phrases. and I thought....."Brilliant, this is very important useless information!" Thanks PinkLucy!

100 Most Mispronounced Words and Phrases


And here is one I that has thrown me off like, forever.

Pronounced: chomp at the bit
Correct Pronunciation: champ at the bit

"Chomp" has probably replaced "champ" in the U.S. but we thought you might like to be reminded that the vowel should be [æ] not [o].


Champ at the bit? That's actually useFUL information since I've been saying it wrong since the first time I ever said it.

0 comments:

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP