Monday, September 15, 2008

Scrapbooking Weekend

Well I went to the Scrapbook Dream Vacation (SDV) this weekend. I went for Friday - Sunday and my sister-in-law went for all day Saturday. I give her a lot of credit, she is 8 plus months pregnant and sent close to 12 hours scrapping! That's impressive.

I have lots of layouts to share (well not as many as I should after being there for three days, but still quite a few.

Well Friday I should have been at the venue at about 9am but I didn't get there until about 7pm. I had finished up my work for the week that morning but I hadn't planned out any pages to scrapbook yet. So besides that most of my stuff was still in boxes from moving I had to plan pages and rifle through my stuff to decide what layouts to do and what embellishments to add.

I got on the road at about 4:45 pm and got to the venue in time for dinner. Dropped my stuff off and went to eat. The food was really good this year! Bonus!

I got to scrappin' and worked until about 12:30/1:00 and then went to Steve and T's house to sleep. They live about 10 - 15 minutes away. Bonus! I didn't have to pay for a hotel room!

The next morning I got up and kibbitzed with my brother and played with my nephew for a while. I got back to the venue about noon and then looked at all the vendor booths. I settled down to work at 1:00 pm.

Here are some layouts that I accomplished on Friday and Saturday:






We stopped long enough to have dinner and do a little bit of shopping. I think I did pretty good, not buying a whole lot of stuff, I think I kept it under $100. Well, make that under $150 ;)

We stopped around 9:30 for a snack, ice cream and chocolate.....they go perfect with scrapbooking. Then back to the scrap table.








To save some time I did a similar layout using the same papers for both the girls and just journalled them differently. "Print in Pink" and "Big Sister Syndrome"

Some layouts I didn't have a chance to journal yet and the following two I didn't have pictures for yet, as I want to get a couple of nice recent pictures of "The Man" and I as I really don't have many of just the two of us. For some reason it keeps turning on the side, sorry about that.








My sister-in-law left around 11 or so and I keep chugging on. About 2:30 I lost steam but was too tired to drive to her house so I went out in the hall, played some games on my computer, went back to my table and fell asleep a couple times (I hope I didn't snore) and then went out to the car and slept in there for a couple hours. Yeah, now I'm a hobo for scrapbooking...I really am pitiful! Had breakfast at 9am and got back to scrapping, but since I only slept about 6 hours the entire weekend I didn't accomplish much on Sunday. Packed up at about 2pm and got home about 4pm. I got in bed at 5:30 pm and slept until 10:30 am on Monday! It was a great weekend, but my body is paying the price now! Can't wait for the next one. LOL.







Sorry about the sideways pictures. That is so annoying and I don't know why it is happening. I rotated the pictures on my hard drive so they should be the correct way. It's something with blogger I am guessing. Can anyone shed light on what I need to do to fit this problem?

Also, click on the pictures to see the layouts in more detail.

3 comments:

Amanda September 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Love the pictures of the girls when they were little. I still can't believe how old they are already! About the sideways pictures, you need to rotate them and resave them before you upload. If you are using the general photoviewer from microsoft, the key will be on the bottom of the page. It looks like a swirl with an arrow. :)

Liz September 16, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Great pictures of the girls...glad you had a nice weekend.....

Anonymous September 29, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

I just clicked on your name via the scrapshare blogroll. Nice to meet you ;) I have to say I love your layouts! And the photos below of "green" - love it! Enjoy your day!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP