Sunday, September 21, 2008

A family tradition......

Have you ever gone to Applegate Farm for ice cream? Well they have this ice cream that is called "The Farm". We started a family tradition where for each birthday we would go and get "The Farm." Now you have to understand how much this family loves ice cream. I know for a fact Beauty #2 and I would give up all other foods as long as we could have ice cream.

But because I would like my husband, my children and myself to live a long and HEALTHIER life, we stopped going for each person's birthday and have changed the tradition to once a year and rotating for each person's birthday. This year was Beauty #2's birthday. Next year it will be on Beauty #1's birthday, etcetera

Here is Beauty #2 bringing over the masterpiece of ice cream yumminess. Otherwise known as 50,000 calories and a big butt in a carton.


To get the true esthetic beauty here is a close up from the top.


And this is what the bottom of the carton looks like. Hee, hee!


Here is the rest of the family enjoying the creamy goodness. Some flavors we had were chocolate peanut butter (my favorite), maple walnut (my mother-in-law's choice), strawberry cheesecake, cookies and cream (The Man's choice), cotton candy (Beauty #2's favorite), cake batter, pistachio, toasted almond (Beauty #1's choice), some really dark chocolate kind and lots more. Toppings included hot fudge, Carmel, and marshmellow.


The Farm comes with 16 scoops of ice cream, up to 8 toppings, bananas, whipped cream and cherries. It's no wonder we looked like this after finishing it off.


Even though there were five of us sharing it, it is a good thing that we changed this tradition to only once a year. :0 But I sure can't wait till next year!

3 comments:

CloverGirl September 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

Holy moly that is A LOT of ice cream!!!

What a neat tradition. I hope she had a great birthday!

Amanda September 23, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Whoa!! I'm curious how long it took to finish it! :)

Sue September 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

Amanda, not long actually. That's the sad part.

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP