Saturday, August 9, 2008

STUFF.....

So we moved into our house today. We have a lot of STUFF. I've been thinking about STUFF. It really is a pain, it has to get packed, moved, cleaned and put in its new place. Why do we need so much STUFF? Why aren't we satisfied with less STUFF? After the last year of losing a lot of STUFF, like our house, Jeff's job and not being able to buy STUFF, I thought I had been inoculated from the desire for more STUFF. But when we started working on this new house I starting thinking and wanting STUFF again. A new patio set, new landscaping, bathroom STUFF, bedspreads, dishes, kitchen set, etc..... It is so easy to get caught up in the STUFF.

I don't like how I feel when I get caught up in the STUFF. I feel selfish, unfulfilled, ungrateful and preoccupied. I want to let STUFF go and be happy with what I have. I want to be grateful and thankful and not get drawn into getting more STUFF.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with having nice things, the Lord wants us to be blessed, but not at the cost of our relationship with Him and others.

So after we moved all our STUFF today it reminded me that I am truly, wonderfully, beyond words blessed and I don't need anymore STUFF. I don't want to have to pack it, move it or clean it!

The best STUFF I have didn't have to get packed, it sat in the car next to me when we drove from our cottage to our wonderful new home, Beauty #1, Beauty #2 and The Man. With them and the Lord what else really matters?!

So that's enough philosophical pondering..... pictures will be coming of the renovations to the house, they're on the camera, they just need to get transferred to the computer.

1 comments:

Kaesmom August 10, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

I can so understand your thought process about STUFF! And good for you for figuring out that the best STUFF can't be packed. :)

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP