Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pictures of the renovation

As I promised, I finally got the pictures off the camera and here are the results of a month of hard work and anticipation.


Completed Kitchen....
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5233646549390549138" />

Pantry area...


Close up of the granite counter tops. I just think this is the most gorgeous stone. I love the "tea stain" and black flecks in it.


Tile back splash, it looks so good with the granite....


Beauty #1's room. It has a chocolate brown carpet and the paint is called Terrazzo Tan. The Man also did two stripes at the top of the wall with chocolate and "Belgian waffle" which I didn't get a picture of yet. A true teenager room....


Beauty #2's room. The Man did this harlequin design on the wall. Isn't it awesome?!


Living room. Has a vaulted ceiling. I did the dark wall in hot apple spice the remaining walls are desert tan and the carpet is called fernery it is a frieze and feels great on your feet. The mirrors under the dining room area will eventually go but we left them for now.


The family room from the top of the stairs, the paint is Monroe bisque and the carpet is golden coins. I want to paint the fireplace a dramatic color eventually.


This is the opening into the kitchen that The Man put and it makes a world of difference, makes things so cozy and "together" feeling


This is our bedroom. The carpet is called coir - it's a darker brown (I love it) and the walls are painted crocodile tears. I'm a green lover so I just adore this color!


Here's a comparison of the old and new kitchen....

Old...


New...
border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5233646549390549138" />


Wow! What a difference, huh?

So now we're in the process of unpacking. Oh my goodness, it is just a little, teeny bit, lots overwhelming! Once I get things in place and some stuff on the walls and such I will post the final pictures.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

P.S. Sorry about the code showing up can't figure out how to get rid of it. LOL

6 comments:

Sherry August 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Looks great. So neat that you got the painter to do all of the specialty stuff for you. Enjoy it - you are blessed!

Busy Mom in CA August 12, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

Great job!! Looks so nice. We used Crocodile Tears in our master bedroom in Florida!! That is too funny! God Bless you all in your new home.

Anonymous August 20, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

Looks great! I can't believe the difference in the kitchen!!! Makes me want to redo my kitchen, but it's so little to start with there really isn't much point! :)

-- LadyM

Lois Christensen August 26, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Had no idea who "Sue" was who left the comment on my blog today! Thankfully you had a picture on your blog! Your kitchen looks BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for the kind words of my blog. Will be reading yours regularly now that I know you have one! Say hi to your parents for me...oh, let them know that my mom just received an offer on the house at the lake...PTL!

Amanda August 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Wow, the house looks amazing!! I love, love, love, your kitchen. Best wishes in your new home!

Melita September 7, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

It looks amazing! Great colour choices :) The Harlequin looks so cool!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP