Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer's almost here....

Well 4 more days of school and it's official summer time. This summer we won't be taking a big vacation because we will be moving into our new home. Since we won't be getting away from it all I thought I'd share some of my favorite get-away locations.

1. Maine - Kennebunkport

The Man and I love Maine. We've been there alone twice and I spent a week there with the girls, my sister and her family and my parents. It's just such a beautiful place in a rugged way. The Man and I love taking long drives, looking at the craggy beach and search out lighthouses. The last time we were there The Man was on a mission to find washed up lobster buoys. Here's a picture of him with one of his treasures.



Oh, and the lobster.....the.best.lobster EVER! Every night we ate steamed lobster, period. No condiments (except some drawn butter) no vegetables, no potato, no rice, no nothin'. All we wanted was LOBSTER. And then we'd finish off the night with blueberry pie with this teeny tiny Maine blueberries. Oh my golly!

Well now that my mouth is watering I'll show you some of my favorite shots from our trips to Maine. Can't wait to get back there!




2. Anywhere in the Caribbean
Jeff and I love the Carribean. We've had the luck of going to a number of locations and we have a long list of more locations to head to! Our last Caribbean trip was to St. Lucia. We stayed in a place with our own two person hammock on cliffs over the water and then at another place that only had three walls. Hummingbirds would fly in and out and we had our own dipping pool in our room. Oh, it was truly paradise. I can't imagine what Heaven is going to be like with such beauty on earth!

Here are a few pictures:

This is looking out where the 4th wall would have been from inside our room. It was cloudy - the water was between the two mountains.
A beautiful waterfall that we hiked to. There were also hot mineral springs there that we spent some time in.


Ah.....a vacation would be great, but a new home to be settled in is even better!






0 comments:

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP