Friday, February 6, 2009

My little school teacher


There is a small finished basement in our new home. I thought that was the perfect place for my office for work and for my scrapbooking. Well while we were busy getting the rest of the house set up Megan decided to confiscate half of the room for her school.
Megan loves to play teacher. So we set up a table for her desk, a whiteboard for her lessons, a bulletin board for her projects and her easel for more lessons. She does a word wall, has a globe, does lesson plans, gives homework and tests and grades the tests.
Many days she will spend an hour at a time teaching a lesson. She does the research and writes out her lessons and then teaches. Occasionally she has to discipline her students (???) and she is a very professional, articulate teacher.

I love that she is so creative. My kids were never big on toys but always used their imaginations in everything that they played. Megan still uses her imagination while playing teacher. She doesn't need a bunch of people to play with (although she does like it when her sister will come and play every so often). She gets so into her teaching, you can just hear the passion in her voice. It so adorable.

Even though I only have half of the room now I love when I am down there scrapbooking and she comes in and works in her "classroom". It's time that we can spend together both doing something that we love.

Her teacher told me she is a "natural" so who knows, we may have a teacher in our family some day.

2 comments:

A House FULL of Grace February 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

That's great. I can't believe how detailed she is. I could use a few lessons from her! Have a great weekend.

Lois Christensen February 6, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

That's so sweet. Maybe she'll grow up to be a teacher, you never know!!! Hope you have a great weekend. Come by tomorrow for an award I'm giving out!!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP