Monday, February 16, 2009

Fireproof your marriage

Yesterday our church they showed the movie Fireproof.


I've been looking forward to seeing this movie as it was not in a theater near us. The same people who made this movie made Facing the Giants which really impacted Jeff and I at a very difficult time in our lives and I knew that this movie would also be very inspiring.

This clip was what spoke most to me I think. It seems that so many people in my age group or married about the same amount of time as us are getting separated, getting divorced. I can't judge anyone because I don't live in their shoes but I have seen what divorce does to people and to their children. And I know that it must be one of the most painful thing people go through. Jeff and I haven't had a bed of roses in our relationship. Circumstances, personalities, finances, children, jobs, it all makes for good and bad times. But one thing we know is that we are committed to each other for LIFE. Good and bad, health or sickness, richer or poorer.



If you haven't seen this movie, make a point of seeing it. Whether your marriage is awesome or on the rocks, we all need to be reminded of how precious our relationship is and that it takes work, hard work to keep it going. Sometimes we will even feel like a hypocrite just going through the motions, but love isn't a feeling, it's a commitment. Sometimes we'll get rebuffed or ignored for the kindness that we show, but love isn't self-serving. Sometimes we'll be questioned as to our motives, but love keeps no record of wrongs. And when we ask God to help us to love the way He loves that love will make a difference.

We all deserve and can have a wonderful marriage but we have to do our part each and every day.

In the movie Caleb's dad gives him a book called The Love Dare and asks him to hold off for 40 days before going through with a divorce and to read the book and do what it asks for those 40 days. I want to get this book. I want to make my marriage all that it can be.

Here is a link to the book - The Love Dare

I Dare Ya!


3 comments:

A House FULL of Grace February 16, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Great post Sue! Like you, we've been throught the wringer, but there's such reward in hanging on. It is certainly not the easy road, but there is blessing here. I loved the salt-n-pepper clip too. A good reminder. Have an awesome week!

Lois Christensen February 16, 2009 at 3:48 PM  

Want to see the movie and even get the devotional book to go with it. Heard only good things about both!!!

Busy Mom in CA February 16, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Loved this movie. No marriage is easy but with Christ in the center, the rough roads only make you stronger and I believe allow you to help people who may be struggling with issues in their marriage.

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP