Friday, January 30, 2009

Random things about me...

So on Facebook lots of my friends have done this 25 Random Things about Me note. As I was just laying down trying to take a little nap I started things, "Do I have 25 random things that I could list about myself?" So I came up with a few and thought instead of sleeping I'd put them on my blog.

1. I've been in a Buddhist temple, a Hindu temple, a mosque and a church but I've never been in a synogogue.

2. My brother is 53 MINUTES older than me.

3. Sometimes I count the number of steps I take while I'm walking.

4. I was a cheerleader in college.

5. I was in a beauty pageant when I was 13.

6. I traveled with a Christian singing group for two weeks in the Midwest when I was 15. (Festival of Praise - anyone remember them?)

7. I got snuckered out of 100 dollars in New York City playing three card Monty - yeah I know that was dumb but I was only a teenager at the time.

8. My boyfriend took me clothes shopping down on Canal Street in NYC when I was 16 and someone stole all the stuff ($300 worth) out of his trunk. He then went and found the robber and bought all my stuff back!

9. I was in the car when a few of my guy friends were propositioned by a prostitute. (Can you tell I spent a lot of time in NYC when I was a teenager?)

10. I rode on the back of a scooter all over Bermuda when I was 5 months pregnant.

11. I love Brian Boitano. (Just ask Ruth and Glen)

12. I wish I could have taken dancing lessons when I was a kid but my parents thought (think) it is a sin to dance.

13. I love Bailey's Irish Creme and Fuzzy Navels. Oh, but the best drink is a Bailey's Colada.

14. My husband and I were on the "Not so Newlywed" show on a cruise with your friends. We were the talk of the boat after the discussion about "Woody the Woodpecker".

15. I've been on missions trips to Singapore, Malaysia, Holland, Curacao and Canary Islands.

16. I love paperwork. I hate to use the telephone.

17. I received a full scholarship including room and board to college.

18. I've worked as an office manager, a school tuition/office manager, a transcriptionist, a floral designer, a secretary, a choir director, young adult ministry leader and MOM.

19. I still haven't figured out what my passion is. I really want to know what God wants to do with my life going forward.

20. My two best friends live in Florida - about a mile away from each other. :(

21. I knew my husband's brother before I knew him. They have a "unique" last name. I used to say, "Oh I feel bad for the girl that get's that last name." And now I have it! (I don't believe in karma though -- hee, hee)

22. I love chicken and ice cream. Really if there was nothing else to eat forever I'd be totally okay with that.

23. I have stupid sleep apnea. I wear a "snorkel" when I sleep (a CPAP machine). So does Jeff, when the girls have friends sleep over we have to warn them ahead of time so they don't get scared if they see us sleeping with these ridiculous contraptions on our faces. (Yeah, romantic!)

24. I love, love, love to get massages and body treatments. I've had massage, hot stone massage, seaweed body wrap, sea salt glow, hydromassage, facial, couples massage. What I haven't done and want to do is reflexology and get a massage on the beach.

25. I can't stand jewelry. The only jewelry I wear is my wedding and engagement ring. Jeff doesn't have to worry about buying me diamonds and jewels, instead I'd rather take a trip or have a day at the spa!


Well I made it to 25. It took a while actually. Hope you find it interesting....or atleast funny!

2 comments:

Lois Christensen January 30, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

Very interesting. I'm going to post mine on my blog as soon as I'm done with the pearl series I have on my blog...sometime next week. If you want a sneak peak, it's on my profile under notes. I love the jewelry thing! I'm the complete opposite!!!

Sherry January 31, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

Wow Sue! This was probably one of the more interesting ones that I've read! I KNOW now that we'd get along fabulously! =]

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP