Monday, November 10, 2008

I want some of these


Method's new Potpourri Ornament ($10) is a tin ornament filled with compostable wooden beads. You can reuse the ornament for years to come after the beads have lost their scent. The ornament is available with a Spiced Pear or Winter Berry scent.

Today I took a towel out of the linen closet to take a shower. When I dried myself off I was looking forward to that first swipe where you get a big wiff of the fabric softener on your towel as you warm up by getting drying the water off your body. Instead I got a smoky smack in the face. The prior owner of our home was a very heavy smoker. We had our house primed and painted and overall don't have a smoke smell problem, but our painter cut a corner and didn't prime the linen closet. I need, must have something for my linen closet. Who wants a big sniff of stale smoke right after getting clean!

I also have been smelling up the rest of the house. It just makes the house feel cozier for some reason. I am not a big candle burning person, so these just might be the right fit! And I love the two scents! I am going to have to track these things down.

4 comments:

*MARY* November 11, 2008 at 12:48 AM  

What a good idea.
I want some too, my house smells like feet.

Liz November 11, 2008 at 9:18 AM  

Yeah, well you're talking to someone who's house was skunked, after her dog got skunked. Everything smelled like skunk. But now it's better, all but the towels. Don't know why I washed them all in "TIDE" in hot water, and they smell fine when dry, but it's after you dry yourself off, that they start smelling like skunk! So, I threw them all out, and bought new ones. Hopefully that will help. Try frebreeze (sp) I love that stuff. I feel for you, cause my mom bought a house from a "smoker" and there is still a hint of that smell in there too....good luck!

Amanda November 11, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

I saw them at Target, so you should have some luck finding them there instead of looking all over for them. :)

Sue November 11, 2008 at 4:30 PM  

Great, I was just at Target not 2 hours ago! UGH!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP