Friday, November 7, 2008

Gratitude6......

In honor of her birthday my gratitude for today is for my VERY BEST FRIEND RUTH

What can I say about Ruth. Oh so very many things can (and will be said) but really none of them scratch the surface of what she means to me. Really I have said for a very long time I don't know how I was blessed with such a good friend. I do.not.deserve.her. That is not an exaggeration.

No my friend Ruth isn't perfect. But when I say that she is an inspiration to me I can say that in all honesty. She inspires me to become more of a woman after God's heart. She inspires me to care more for others. She inspires me to do my best.

She is kind, compassionate, nonjudgmental, strong, determined, beautiful, dependable, fun and she laughs at my jokes. She just gets me. She likes me, she values me as a person. I know that I can be completely myself with her and she understands me.

She doesn't let me use any get out of jail free cards when I need to be encouraged to do the right thing or look at an area in my life that needs attention. She cares too much to let me be mediocre.

Although we live too far away from each other right now I know without a doubt that she thinks of me every day, as I do her. I sit here and cry right now because I miss her so much and yet it is like we're never apart, because our hearts are entwined together.

Ruth, I love you. I think that is the closest I can get to telling you how grateful I am for you. Happy Birthday.

Ruth and her family

2 comments:

Sherry November 8, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

What a blessing to have a dear friend like that!

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Wow Sue! You are just the sweetest, dearest friend and I don't think anyone ever said anything as nice as this EVER!!!!! You made my year....wait a minute...maybe my decade! Wow! I don't deserve all that praise. I don't think I could even be a poetic as you! I also received your phone message that night! Thank you! Thank you! You are the best, dearest friend and I love you and appreciate our friendship...which has survived many things, but the miles have probably been the toughest so far....I love you!

Ruth

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP