Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Gratitude4.....

I have to admit I'm having a harder time being grateful today. Maybe it's the overcast skies, the whole election thing, the fact that DH is out of town on a business trip, I have tons of deadline work, but I'm not feeling as grateful today as I was yesterday!

Well that's gotta change. Because circumstances may change, but my joy and outlook doesn't have to!

So I thought what is the thing I am MOST grateful for and it was a toss up between DH and....


So, because they bring such a big smile to my face today I want to show my gratitude towards MY TWO BEAUTIES.

I am grateful for my girls because:

*They are mine.
*They make me laugh.
*They teach me and challenge me.
*They force me to be more than mediocre.
*They will always be a part of my life. I'll never be alone in this world.
*They are my legacy.
*They love God.
*They love me.
*I like being with them.

No, not everyday is walking on clouds playing harps with them. But, I would never give them up or want to be without them in my life for one second. I am thankful for that achy feeling each moment they are away from me because it helps me not to be so self-centered. And I'm thankful for the life and energy they bring to our home.

Being a mom, but especially the mom of these two girls, is the best thing I've ever done and I have a feeling will always be the best thing I have ever done. Being a mom never ends.

“When you were small and just a touch away, I covered you with blankets against the cold night air. But now that you are tall and out of reach, I fold my hands and cover you with prayer.”
-Dona Maddux Cooper

1 comments:

*MARY* November 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

you have lovely daughters and they have an amazing mom.

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP