Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Gratitude10.....

Today I'm thankful and grateful that God's Word is Alive and Active in me. This week in bible study we have been talking about blessing others with our words and prayers and using scripture to pray for our needs and the needs of others. No less than 3 times this week things have come up that coincided with praying scriptures. A blog that I read (thanks to my blog friend Sherry) is Bring the Rain This past week she gave examples of scriptures to pray for our kids. I have added her link to the sidebar if you want to check it out.

I am so inspired by the idea of using scripture to pray for our needs. Sometimes I get so tongue-tied and just stupid when I pray. I know God knows everything and sees our hearts, but I want to be intentional in my prayers and I want so many things for my kids. The Word of God is Alive and Active and I want to use that power of the Word to pray over my kids, family and needs.

It amazes me when God just confirms things over and over about something He is or wants to do in our lives. When Jeff and I were going through that horrible time it literally felt that our pastor was preaching RIGHT.TO.US, like he had written his sermon because of what we were going through. It was amazing and comforting. It reinforced to me that God hears me, He cares about me and He is working in my life.

I am so glad that He is working in my life and that He has given us His Word as a training manual. God is really awesome like that!

3 comments:

*MARY* November 13, 2008 at 3:35 AM  

Thank you for this post. Blogging has made me pray and read my scriptures a lot more. I don't allow myself to blog until I've done those two things.

Lois Christensen November 13, 2008 at 1:39 PM  

Have you ever read, "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer? It's a powerful book, sort of like which verses to read when you're depressed or happy, etc, BUT she suggests that you read the verses aloud as a prayer. Powerful. There truly is power in speaking the Word of God.

Charmed4x November 13, 2008 at 1:51 PM  

I'm really glad that things worked out for you. I know how hard it was for you and your family. I'm sure there will be many blessings your way :)

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP