Saturday, September 27, 2008

Useless Information Tidbit #5

Did you know that Google turned 10 today? How did I live before Google and the internet? Sad, but so true. Anyway thought I'd share some useless information pertaining to Google in honor of their birthday.

How did Google get their name?
Larry and Sergey, the founders of Google first named the search engine BackRub. (That sure is a dumb name). They realized it was a dumb name too so they decided to come up with a new one. After some brainstorming, they go with Google – a play on the word “googol,” a mathematical term for the number represented by the numeral 1 followed by 100 zeros. The use of the term reflects their mission to organize a seemingly infinite amount of information on the web.

Did you know that Klingon is one of 72 language interfaces on Google?

Did you know that some nutjob (I mean Google enthusiast) named his kid after Google. He named him......Oliver Google Kai. Alrighty then.


Ahhhhhh, useless information is so, oh I don't know useless, but yet interesting.

1 comments:

Lois Christensen September 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

eYes, I cannot imagine my life without Google either. I use them so much during the day. Nice to see the pictures, your girls are really growing up...real pretty as well!

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP