Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Midnight Madness......

So I have this great idea (or should I say brain fart) that I am going to go shopping at the outlet on Black Friday. Well actually the outlet opened at MIDNIGHT. I thought to myself, "Self, you'll never get up at 5am to shop and no one will go with you so why don't you stay up and go at midnight."

Well we had a great Thanksgiving (which I WILL show pictures and write about soon) and came home to relax about 9pm. I sat in my nice cozy chair and watched something on t.v. and started falling asleep. I thought, "Ah, I'll just take a little snooze."

DH woke me up at about quarter to 12. I thought to myself, "Self, you don't want to be the FIRST one there, and it only takes you five minutes, not even, to get to the outlet so don't leave yet."

At midnight I got up from my cozy chair and catnap and headed to the outlet. I figured I didn't want to be the first one there and didn't know if it would be dangerous to be there so late at night with not that many people around, etcetera.

Well HELLO that certainly didn't turn out to be the case......it took me about 20 minutes JUST.TO.GET.INTO.THE.PARKING.LOT! Craziness I tell you. At one point I seriously thought of turning around and going home but I said, "Self you stayed up to shop, you're going shopping."


I finally got a spot and went to a certain store (can't say which just in case Beauty #1 and #2 read my blog and then know where I shopped -- yeah, I'm smart aren't I!) But they were having a 50% off EVERYTHING sale. The place was so packed they stopped letting people in and there were 3 lines zigzagging around the store. I hastily found what I wanted and got on line.

I then proceeded to poke my eyeballs out with my car keys while I waited. No, no I didn't do that I actually shaved my legs and wrote my thesis while I waited. No, no, no I waited patiently while singing "I'd like to give the world a Coke" and crocheted my mom a dress for Christmas.

I mean really, I waited on line for TWO HOURS to pay for my stuff. There was a guy behind me who had stuff from 3 kids and his wife. He must have been holding like 20 or 30 pounds worth of stuff.

There were some "cutters" and complainers and the cops showed up once. At first I had a good attitude about waiting but by like 2:45 am I was ready to "cut" someone, not just the line! Yeah....that trip was a brain fart if I ever had one. Won't be doing that again next year.

No pair of skinny jeans are worth losing so much sleep and, based on the story about the Walmart employee, possibly your life.

But really, it was kind of fun going out on Black Friday, but not fun enough that I want to do it in the future.Nope, I will go back to waiting for CyberMonday and will return to online shopping. Free shipping and just as good, if not better deals, all done from the comfort of my cozy chair!

6 comments:

Lois Christensen December 3, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Cannot believe you waited on line for over 2 hours! I'm sure you'll be telling your girls exactly what you went through to get them those presents...I know I would! They need to know exactly how much you love them that you stood in line for 2 hours for them! You have more patience than I do!

Busy Mom in CA December 4, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

Oh my goodness. I would never have been able to be out there at midnight. No more Black Friday shopping for me either.

Amanda December 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM  

Oh my...I have no idea how you were able to stand in line for two hours. I would have gone INSANE. At least you were able to create a very entertaining blog post from that experience! :)

shirley December 4, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

Thank you for outlining precisely why I don't do those crazy midnight madness things.
Your post was hilarious and gave me a great laugh today - thank you!

Lois Christensen December 4, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Hey, maybe that's why you were able to stand in line for 2 hours, it makes for a good blog story!!

Liz December 4, 2008 at 11:08 PM  

What on earth did you buy? Better be good to wait on line for 2 hours! Honestly, I wouldn't do it....we went shopping that day as well, normal hours though. The checkout line at Toys R Us was around the whole store, we left...no bargin can make me wait that long. What did you get??? I have a 12 year old too....

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP