Tuesday, October 28, 2008

And something a little more serious....

Obama has managed to cultivate the image of a political moderate in spite of his consistently liberal voting record. In 2006, he published a second memoir, "The Audacity of Hope," that leaves little doubt about his adherence to the left.

"The arguments of liberals are more often grounded in reason and fact," Obama wrote in "Audacity." "Much of what I absorbed from the sixties was filtered through my mother, who to the end of her life would proudly proclaim herself an unreconstructed liberal."

National Journal magazine ranked Obama as the most liberal member of the Senate. The publication is far from conservative, employing such journalists as Linda Douglass, who resigned in May to become Obama's traveling press secretary.

The entire article

1 comments:

Lois Christensen October 28, 2008 at 5:11 PM  

I see you had a busy day, redoing your blog...the new look is very nice. Thanks for letting me know about the picture, I think it's lovely! I love nature shots but never seem to do them myself. Maybe I should start.
Very interesting stuff that's coming out now about Obama. Too bad it didn't come out sooner or better yet, too bad the press didn't start reporting about it sooner.

Hmmmmmmm........ 2008 © Blog Design 'Felicidade' por EMPORIUM DIGITAL 2008

Back to TOP